MAINTAINING YOUR NATURAL HAIR WITH THE BEST SALON IN TOWN.
When it comes down to matters natural hair, you really get spoilt for choice on what style you want, the wide array of choices is what makes natural hair the “thing” right now with almost everywhere you look, ladies are embracing their natural hair. Whether you want to rock dreadlocks, short hair with a freshly done cut or just braid your hair into a ponytail, you’ll notice it. The thing about natural hair is that not so many people really do know how to maintain it, to give it that soft moisturized look and feel. It’s not just a matter of washing it and combing it, you have to treat it and “feed it”. Well, here are some of the ways that you maintain your natural hair. How you can transition from relaxed to natural hair, not to use too much product and handling breakage.
The three most common mistakes when it comes to styling natural hair are;
- Using too much product – Honestly, it’s always a panic when we change anything about our hair, asking yourself questions like “will it turn out okay?” “Will I look good in it?” So much so we end up buying a ton of extra styling products and put it all on. Our hair ends being all oily and we end washing it all too frequently which just dries it all out. Be extra careful with the products, plus you can always add a little more as you go.
- Manageability challenges – Many people are fascinated, yet often frustrated with the challenges that come with their new growth and want to go back to relaxing. The first 6-8 months of growth are not there true natural curl pattern or hair texture. The scalp and hair follicles are still healing and so they need to do everything they can to make it through this “scab hair period” and into your true texture hair. Once they’ve made it through, they’ll have softer, more manageable and even curl patterns.
- Curly hair – This is driest hair type so no matter how you’re wearing it, you need a really great leave-in moisturizer. Minimize the use of rinse and out conditionerst, hair oils and treatment masks, you need a leave-in to ensure hair stays super hydrated.
The further one gets in the process, the more breakage you’ll notice since you’ll be continually applying more stress to your already weakened hair. You’ll need to treat your hair with extra care and try techniques that put a lot less heat and stress on your strands. To get your hair straight: Try setting your hair in rollers and going under a hood drier, but lower the heat and sit a little longer. To wear your hair curly, use two-strand twists or Bantu knots, instead of curling irons.
When your hair is about shoulder length, it is most vulnerable to breakage. When your strands are constantly brushing against your shoulders, friction will do its worst and the clothes you wearing, particularly cotton, will sap the moisture from your ends and make them prone to breakage. You have to simple options to stop this from happening.
- You can use extensions to have your hair lay past your shoulder
- Try some fun up dos where your hair is twisted, braided or pinned up in different styles that never let your hair fall into this problem.
All that for your natural hair and that’s why as TOP ROSE HAIR AND BEAUTY SALON, we understand all the ins and outs of natural hair and we are dedicated to bring out the best of it from you. We can advise you on the best natural hair style and how to maintain. With our highly professional team, we provide you with only the best because we are the best salon in town.
Subscribe to our blog